Großer Saal 2, Belétage
Die Konferenzsprache ist Englisch und die Teilnahme kostenlos.
Zur Anmeldung und für weitere Informationen bitte
Programm (Entwurf) Stand - 30.10.08
1st panel: The EU development goals and EIB´s role in achieving them
EU development strategies and EIB’s financing - Presentation of the views of the different actors
1. Lucy Hayes, eurodad: Lessons learned in development cooperation - Changes in the European aid architecture
2. Monique Koning, Directorate for Operations in ACP, EIB: EIB´s experience with external lending - strengths and challenges
3. Bernd Schneider, Parliamentary Assistant of Gabriele Zimmer, European Parliament: European Parliaments vision of EU development and EIB’s role in this scenario
2nd panel: Promotion of poverty alleviation and sustainable development?
Case studies and analysis of the coherence of EIB’s activities - promotion of sustainable development and poverty reduction?
1. Antonio Tricarico, CRBM: To many goals at one time
2. Savior Mwambwa, CIVIL Society Trade Network of Zambia: Strategy paper and reality - EIB projects in Zambia
3. Anne-Sophie Simpere, Amis de la terre: Coherence of EIB lending with policy objectives: the case of DR Congo
Hans-Josef Fell, Member of the German Bundestag, Bündnis 90/Die Grünen and vice president of Eurosolar: Financing of sustainable development a cross-sectoral policy task
3rd panel: Sustainable development and climate protection in developing countries?
Debate on EIB´s role and potential in financing the transformation of the energy systems and access to energy for the poor.
1. Daniela Setton, KlimaAllianz: EIB’s energy investment - contribution to climate protection and sustainable development?
2. Kari Punkka, EIB's Project Directorate: Strategy concerning the energy investment
3. Jan Haverkamp, Greenpeace: Alternatives to large scale projects and investments in fossil fuels; How EIB’s financing can work for the poor
The conference has been organised with the financial assistance of the European Commission.
Financed by InWEnt from funds of the BMZ.
Organisers gratefully acknowledge support from the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung.